Why have an Phoenix epoxy flooring ? Ordinary garage floors are simply ordinary grey concrete. Gradually, stains from grease, oils, as well as chemicals trigger ordinary grey concrete to come to be an unsightly eyesore. Having an epoxy garage flooring layer will give you years of service, sturdiness as well as will certainly withstand most stains; as well as supply you with a perfectly, completed surface area to protect the worth of your residence.
The Most Common Epoxy Floor Coating Systems
There are 3 typical systems readily available that will improve your garage floor:
1. Epoxy & Polyurethane Solid Color System
2. Epoxy Chipstone (partial vinyl chip broadcast) with Polyurethane Top Coat System
3. Epoxy Granitex (100% plastic chip broadcast) with Polyurethane Top Coat System
Bear in mind that with these three epoxy systems, you have ‘excellent’, ‘much better’ as well as ‘best’ sorts of epoxy garage flooring systems.
The Good System
The epoxy polyurethane strong shade system will last about 5-7 years, upkeep cost-free, yet will call for a maintenance layer of pigmented polyurethane. This garage floor finish is generally a two-coat, slim movie system; ranging in density from 4-20 mils. It is used by roller or airless sprayer.
The Better System
The epoxy Chipstone system will last about 7-12 years, upkeep totally free before requiring a maintenance layer of clear polyurethane. This epoxy garage floor system typically contains one pigmented primer layer of epoxy; a pigmented color coat with a partial/light program of vinyl chips into the wet epoxy; and a single layer of clear polyurethane for protection. The thickness is roughly 20-30 mils.
The Most Effective System
The epoxy Granitex system can last as long as 12-15+ years, upkeep free before requiring a maintenance layer of polyurethane. This epoxy floor finish is typically one pigmented primer layer; a pigmented color coat with a 100%/ complete program of vinyl chips; as well as two layers of clear polyurethane.
Appropriate surface preparation is crucial to the long term success of the installment. All surface areas to be covered must be cleansed of impurities which could hinder bonding. Concrete have to be acid-etched, shot-blasted or diamond-ground to accomplish a profile much like 120 grit sandpaper. After prep work, the concrete surface needs to be evaluated for openings and cracks. If holes or splits are prevalent, after that patchwork should be executed. When preparation is complete, installation is ready to start.
Installment of Granitex Epoxy Garage Floor System:
1. Surface area prep work, jumble as well as roll one layer of pigmented epoxy guide.
2. After epoxy guide is dry, evaluate, prep and roll one layer of pigmented epoxy over primed area. Operate in 10×10 or 12×12 sections each time. While epoxy is wet, broadcast plastic chips into wet epoxy. Be sure the location gets 100% coverage. When all areas are entirely covered, allow completely dry completely.
3. Once all areas are dry, scrape, move as well as vacuum cleaner all excess Granitex plastic chips from the surface area. Use a slim coat of polyurethane to secure and also lay vinyl chips down.
4. When the polyurethane is dry, use a 2nd layer for a last leading layer. As an option, non-skid material sand could be included in raise the slip resistance.
All epoxy garage floor finishes can be easily cleansed with light, fluid detergents; after that mopping, hosing or even “swiffering”. Grease, oils, and most chemicals will not stain or soak up right into the epoxy coated floor.